Deadline: February 2, 2018
Do you have an innovative solution for increasing access to affordable energy sources for Nigerians? Apply for the #CleanEnergyChallenge. The Clean Energy Innovation Challenge is an open innovation challenge to find and support early stage sustainable energy innovators to get their ideas (working prototypes) off the ground as sustainable businesses and on track for growth. They are seeking innovative ideas for delivering affordable, reliable and sustainable energy through new sources for low income households, SMEs and communities.
Clean Energy Innovation Challenge is an initiative of All On, in partnership with Co-Creation Hub to facilitate increased access to affordable, reliable and sustainable energy sources for low income households, small and medium scale enterprises, and communities. All On works with partners to increase access to commercial energy products and services for under-served and un-served off-grid energy markets in Nigeria, with a special focus on the Niger Delta.
The Clean Energy Innovation Challenge aims to unearth and support energy innovators across Nigeria who may have solutions that:
- Deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy through new sources
- Use innovative business models to improve access to clean energy
- Use creative financing models to increase access to clean energy
- Reduce energy wastage across the value chain
- Save cost for producers, distributors or consumers of energy
In addition to the focus areas for the innovation challenge, your solution must be aimed at facilitating increased access to affordable, reliable and sustainable energy sources for low income households, SMEs and communities.
- The top 4 ventures will receive $10,000 in pre-seed funding to develop and launch.
- Ten finalists will recieve incubation support and the top 4 ventures will receive pre-seed investment of $10,000 from All On. They will be supported to launch & grow through the CcHUB Incubation Programme.
- As part of the Incubation Programme, ventures would be supported to rapidly grow by connecting them to a range of partners that would help increase market access.
They invite clean energy innovators across Nigeria whose ideas can be supported to scale to submit their entries for the innovation challenge.
To apply for the Clean Energy Innovation Challenge:
- You must be an early stage energy innovator with an existing solution/business.
- You must be a Nigerian, living and operating a business in Nigeria.
- Your Clean Energy startup/venture must be aimed at increasing access to affordable, reliable and sustainable energy sources for low income households, SMEs, and communities.
Multiple applications may lead to disqualification
Do you have a bright idea or innovative business that improves access to clean energy?
For more information, visit Clean Energy Innovation Challenge.