Deadline: 29 June, 2018
The Unilever Young Entrepreneurs Awards can help you take your sustainability initiative, product or service to the next level. Take a look at what you need to know about the Awards this year. Then send us your entry!
We’re looking for initiatives relating to one or more of the eight categories we’re focusing on: Zero Hunger, Good Health and Well-being, Quality Education, Gender Equality, Clean Water and Sanitation, Decent Work and Economic Growth, Responsible Consumption and Production and Climate Action.
Whether it’s with an initiative, product or service, if you’ve gone beyond the idea stage and started to make an impact, we want to hear from you.
Anyone from around the world, aged between 18 and 35 (as of 29 June 2018).
- The competition is open to founders or co-founders age 18 – 35 years.
- Entries can be submitted on behalf of the founders or co-founders who are aged 18 – 35 years.
- The competition is open to individuals from any part of the world, excluding Russia. Unfortunately, we cannot process personal data of Russian citizens and do not collect personal data in the territory of Russia. If data regarding Russian citizens is entered into this website, it will be removed.
- Unilever reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate all or any part of the Unilever Young Entrepreneurs Awards programme, without notice. Entrants shall not be entitled to remuneration, of any kind, should Unilever exercise this right.
- Initiatives must relate to one or more of the following categories: Zero Hunger, Good Health and Well-being, Quality Education, Gender Equality, Clean Water and Sanitation, Decent Work and Economic Growth, Responsible Consumption and Production, Climate Action
- Initiatives must have grown beyond the idea stage—with the product, process, or enterprise already gaining traction among local communities or other markets.
The Unilever Young Entrepreneurs Awards will recognise up to eight winners, including the HRH Prize Winner, in 2018. The eight winners will be selected from a rigorous assessment process led by The University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership, culminating in video interviews with our finalist selection panels. All eight winners will be invited to an Accelerator Programme in Cambridge, before making their final pitches in person to a guest judging panel who will decide on the HRH Prize Winner of the 2018 competition.
Winners will have a chance to practice their pitches during the Accelerator in Cambridge where they will work with experts from the University of Cambridge, Unilever and other inspirational speakers and guests.
The overall winner will receive the ‘HRH The Prince of Wales Young Sustainability Entrepreneur Prize.’
All winners will attend a special prize event hosted in London.
- The winner of the ‘HRH The Prince of Wales Young Sustainability Entrepreneur Prize’ will receive a €50,000 cash award and one-to-one mentoring support tailored to their specific needs for a duration of 12 months.
- The remaining winners will each receive a €8,500 cash award and one-to-one mentoring support tailored to their specific needs for a duration of 12 months.
How to enter?
To submit your entry, you’ll need to create a profile and complete the application form. You’ll need to tell us all about your initiative’s story so far, and your vision for its future. The more you can share, the better.
- Competition open : 10 May 2018
- Competition close : 29 June 2018
- Winners announced :September 2018
- Overall HRH Prize Winner announced : October 2018
Visit the official page